Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Docet Umbra • View topic - For those with open ears
It is currently Apr 22nd, '18, 16:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: For those with open ears
PostPosted: Jan 27th, '09, 23:41 
The Voice of Illidan

yeah, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Kamakawiwo%27ole ), heavenly voice, died way too soon

PostPosted: Jan 28th, '09, 11:01 
Servant of King Mrgl-Mrgl

Great songs, especially the one with Skin. Don't know the name of the band, but i know the song by heart. They play that song at our local pub alot and we used to sing along, only with the words "I AM an addict". Haha.

Found out later that Iz is dead. Glad he left us the music he made.

Following song is from Psychotic Waltz, who describe themselves as "progressive hippie metal". I own the first two albums, but this song is from the third (if im correct). Sheer beauty.

PostPosted: Jan 28th, '09, 15:18 
Booty Bay Bruiser

And again some Gabber.... :D

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaaPVa_GRU

PostPosted: Jan 28th, '09, 20:02 
The Voice of Illidan

http://playauditorium.com/

happy composing ;;)

PostPosted: Jan 28th, '09, 22:37 
Spear-Thruster

Amorpheus wrote:
Great songs, especially the one with Skin. Don't know the name of the band, but i know the song by heart. They play that song at our local pub alot and we used to sing along, only with the words "I AM an addict". Haha.

Band she's in = K's choice (atm splited :( )
She = Sarah bettens ( still making solo albums )

PostPosted: Jan 29th, '09, 06:37 
Spear-Thruster

Ooo, someone made a thread that gives me a viable excuse to post vids from some of my favourite metal bands. Some awesome examples posted already so i shall try to follow suit with a few from (my) classics and beyond.

Cryptopsy

Dying Fetus

Deicide (always thought it would be a good guild name too)

Testament

The Berzerker (metal + gabba is not to everyone's taste!)

Here is their cover of Carcass - Corporeal jigsaw quandry

Lamb of God

Vader

They did a nice Slayer cover too. The track needs no intro.

Pig Destroyer

Ackercocke

I must stop as this post has become a lot longer than planned, and for every band I put on I have to leave 100 out. I can't take it! I'm sure you get the general idea.

PostPosted: Jan 29th, '09, 17:56 
Officer

Highscores: 1
This is the best metal video of all time:

Re Carcass, Alu: I saw them live on the Heartwork tour. That's.. that's 15 fucking years ago. Holy shit. I feel weak, gotta sit down.

They made some awesome metal riffs back then:

PostPosted: Jan 29th, '09, 18:13 
Spear-Thruster

O man. I saw carcass in '94, the year before they split. What a year that was. I also got to see cannibal corpse, Napalm Death, Hatebreed and Entombed in the same year. I actually have one of the original Carcass demo tapes I bought a few years ago, under the name Disattack which they used originally before changing to Carcass.

PostPosted: Jan 29th, '09, 20:19 
Officer

[quote="Threejane"]This is the best metal video of all time:

New Milennium Cyanide Christ, Meshuggah. I was about to post it but I felt more like mocking some of the drummers in the house with bleed. Not that this one is much easier to play.

Edit: MORE, I WANT MORE!

Norway takes the stage:

Another couple of stupid videos, Soilwork and In Flames;

Annnnnd, the heaviest of them all:

PostPosted: Jan 30th, '09, 14:22 
Wyrmbait

Ok, here comes the music Illumina likes.
I think I'm a bit different in music style than any other of you :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next