Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Docet Umbra • View topic - For those with open ears
It is currently Aug 17th, '17, 01:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: For those with open ears
PostPosted: Jan 25th, '09, 15:55 
Servant of King Mrgl-Mrgl

My favourite band, Morbid Angel. Music straight from the heart. Enjoy (if you can :p )

8-}

Post subject: Re: For those with open ears
PostPosted: Jan 25th, '09, 19:01 
Officer

Highscores: 2
Metal and guitar tutorials

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '09, 20:33 
Spear-Thruster

"Bit" harder one 8-}

PostPosted: Jan 25th, '09, 21:57 
Site Admin

Highscores: 3

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '09, 10:32 

:D

Nothing beats Bert & Ernie in terms of hard tbh

=))

Heh, Laune thats actually one of the best Slayer covers i heard. B-)

Old stuff, but still good :ymdevil:

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '09, 12:05 
Lebronski's Shoeshine Boy

this is no music at all !!!!!!!! 8-} 8-} :ymsigh: :ymsigh:

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '09, 14:29 

Quote:
this is no music at all

Depends on how you define "music". If your definition of music is "commercially succesful" then indeed, the stuff i posted isnt music. Imho, there's two ways to make music (in the broad sense); you create music for yourself, stuff that you like, or you create music you think that other people will like. The first is Art, the second is "music" industry. The second has a nasty habit to destroy the first (well known example; Nirvana).
Same for books (another form of Art i'm deeply into); Tolkien didnt write the stuff he wrote for others; he wrote it because he felt he wanted to create that. That's why his books are so damn good (and Lord of The Rings is just the tip of the iceberg ;) ).
But Art is more; its also a language. When someone lets you hear something they like or recommends a book, they're actually talking to you, showing something of themselves. And you only have to listen with the right "ears" or read with the right "eyes" to understand that language.
The reason i created this thread was to share what i consider Art and im interested what others consider Art. It's one of many ways of getting to know you guys and girls better. :-*
I realize i still got a huge pile of shit in my ears, there's Art i've still not opened up to (yet), but you live to learn :D

Teach me your Art!

p.s. the stuff i wrote are my interpretations, i'm open to other viewpoints :ymhug:

Closing with the most inaccesible music i know; i only know 2 people IRL who can appreciate this and one of them is my little brother B-)
(I posted the drummer before in another thread ;) )

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '09, 14:46 
Site Admin

Highscores: 3
Does it involve at least one actual instrument? -> music
Simple as that.

Which means that the stuff Rapido is torturing everybody with -> no music :)

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '09, 15:14 

Quote:
Which means that the stuff Rapido is torturing everybody with -> no music :)

Nope, thats Art :p

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '09, 18:04 

Ok, my favorite music 12 years ago:

and now:

How people's preferences can change (still like the first one though) :ymdevil:

Yes and i agree with Lusz on the question "What is music".

Last edited by Kyddo on Jul 26th, '09, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next