Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Docet Umbra • View topic - World Cup 2010 final: Spain & Holland (was: piccies!)
It is currently Aug 19th, '17, 20:48

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: piccies !
PostPosted: Jul 12th, '10, 15:11 
Assistant Innkeeper

Highscores: 1
Kyddo wrote:
Narathnar wrote:
Kyddo wrote:
Lol Nara, you we're quite busy during the final, apart from watching the game ;)

Interesting, big brother is watching me! :-o

Well, since you're shouting on the website during the game and still have time to make a funny gif about Nigel de Jong's karatekick, wich is posted just after the game ended, ye I could say you were pretty busy ;)

I would call that half time :)

Post subject: Re: World Cup 2010 final: Spain & Holland (was: piccies!)
PostPosted: Jul 12th, '10, 19:02 
Guild Master

You think the ref sucked and the game was rough? Maybe. But maybe a look at this might make you smile over the small amount of foul play we have seen yesterday. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKXq7xcnkis

I'd like to see the games Netherlands vs Germany and Spain vs Uruguay btw, might have been the more interesting combinations, shame we never got to see those pairs at play. I really liked how Uruguay played apart from Suarez trying to go for the goalkeeper job of course. Their combinations and especially the shot skills of Forlan were very nice to watch.

PostPosted: Jul 12th, '10, 20:29 
Site Admin

Highscores: 3
Already forgot about that one, hehe.

I don't even think the game yesterday at large was overly brutal. I was just disappointed because it was a terrible match football-wise. The first half was a disaster. Spain apparently forgot how to play football (I wish they would have played like that against Germany), and Holland seemed to be so afraid that Spain might score that they tried to break the opponent's bones. Second half was a lot better than the first, still not an overly entertaining game to watch though. But ah well, European Championship next.

Post subject: Re: piccies !
PostPosted: Jul 12th, '10, 22:52 
Assistant Innkeeper

Thom wrote:
Spain may have only scored 8 goals, but they are going home World Champions, so they clearly did enough. You only need to score 1 goal to win a game.

thats for sure. What i meant is another thing. Spain played a DEFENSIVE football by keeping the ball and passing it very very slowly and horizontally. That way to play football bores me as hell as i already said. Thats no biggy, its my own point of view but imo this is not football is PETTING! Exactly the same way Barcelona played the UCL semifinals: football PETTING. If u wanna score u have to go faster than this and vertical! Thats why they scored 8 goals. I dont have anything against teams who doesnt score much. U need one goal to win a match but i dont wanna hear the whole world saying that Spain got an awsome play. It is really boring just as like as petting is after a while.
I spent all of my life listening to european ppl blaming Italy cos we just defend the field, and we dont like to risk anything. Blame, blame, blame. Blah blah blah. Even a Ukraine bricklayer who worked at home for a while few years ago told me that we defend too much. Even in UCL semifinal 2nd match in barcelona that Inter Milan played in 10 vs 11 cos of an amazing FEIGN DEATH by Busquets (neither a Hunter manages to feign death like he did) they managed to say "u suck u defended all the match u didnt try to win, u cant play football". And now they call themselves the team who play the best football.

They just defend keeping the ball in a barren possession.

Holland intentionally beat their ankles, knees, shoulders (lets say in general joints) all the match long. It was a tactic. They wanted to do it. And they had to finish the game in 9 at least. Webb sucked big time yesterday. Only for this Spain ethically deserved to win. still i dont like it.

alh

PostPosted: Jul 12th, '10, 23:45 
Guild Master

I agree with what Laune said in the shoutbox when it comes to the ref, any other one would have given the same amount of cards that were called deserved here or there on either end of the field. Indeed Robben should have gone into the shower early due to kicking the ball into the net, it is a rule, just as Ingnesta got a yellow card for taking off his shirt after the goal and the guys out there know that too well to do stuff like that in a match so important.

I also don't think you can call the Spanish tactics defensive, it is more a form of midfield domination that is very hard to counter. Say you play against Argentina, you have 5 people who constantly wanna storm your goal and they hardly ever work in a defensive way, which makes it easy for quick teams to counter them. Guys like Robben are a great example for that, deadly pass in between the defenders and off and away he goes. Worked only very few times against Spain, since their midfield works both ways. Moreover, it is hardly defensive, if you are in the opponents half of the field for about 70% of the game time.

Since i enjoy watching (ice-)hockey way more than football, i can confirm that getting hits in on the opposing team can be used to get your momentum going or destroy that of the other team. Worked well for the Netherlands imo, they did get outplayed the first 11ish minutes, then they got the first hits in on the Spanish and showed them "this far and not a setp more". Threw the Spanish off until very late in the game, but from the last period in the 2nd half, there was just not enough going the Spanish way of the field. I think the biggest mistake of the Oranje coach was to take Kuyt out of the game. In the last two games i saw, he was the "worker" in the midfield. Constantly trying to get passes to Sneijder, Robben or van Persie. No idea, why he was replaced with that other guy, who had little to no impact on the game.

PostPosted: Jul 13th, '10, 13:39 
Assistant Innkeeper

I think the purpose of replacing Kuyt was to open up the center of the field by creating more threat on the flanks. And to open up space for players like Sneijder or Robben. The gamble however was sacrificing the controlling play that Kuyt is so good at. And the gamble didn't work out because Elia could not open that center.

When we are talking about fouls then my opinion is the red cards were given to the wrong people. De jong and Van Bommel did deserve it, but it was Heitinga instead who got the card (2 lightly awarded yellow imo)
on the other side Puyol should have gotten red too for hanging onto Robben, and so should have Iniesta,for his retaliation after a foul.

PostPosted: Jul 13th, '10, 17:11 
Spear-Thruster

I won't go into a long discussion over the game itself, but - tackle much? xD

PostPosted: Jul 13th, '10, 22:57 
Lebronski's Shoeshine Boy

zhiva i though that whas a correct tackle :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

PostPosted: Jul 14th, '10, 02:33 
The Voice of Illidan

from what I know Alonso is in a hospital atm, being treated for broken rib. "proper" tackle indeed.

PostPosted: Jul 14th, '10, 12:35 
7th Legion Elite

Zhiva wrote:
I won't go into a long discussion over the game itself, but - tackle much? xD

You can clearly see Alonso coming at De Jong with closed fists to start a fight. It was self-defense.

Crusader Twilight Vanquisher Patron Brewmaster Flame Warden Loremaster Elder Starcaller Chef Ambassador Bloodsail Admiral Merrymaker Brory the Insane Jenkins the Seeker, the Explorer, the Diplomat, the Exalted, the Hallowed, the Noble, the Pilgrim, the Patient, the Love Fool, the Argent Champion, the Kingslayer, Guardian of Cenarius, of the Nightfall, of the Exodar, of Gnomeregan, of Ironforge, of Stormwind, of Darnassus, of the Ashen Verdict, of the Shattered Sun, the Undy----titleoverfl