Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Docet Umbra • View topic - warlock destr/afflic (How not to apply: A guide - Inter)
It is currently Jun 26th, '17, 07:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: warlock destr/afflic (How not to apply: A guide - Inter)
PostPosted: May 11th, '10, 14:50 
Booty Bay Bruiser

Name: Filip Hansson , im 17 and soon 18
Character Name: Zefftiona

Total /played time: 35 days. 10 hours. 25 minutes
Armory URL: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Zefftiona

Spec:

Well since I really play all 2 specs I'm gonna go over the rotation for each. But feel free to skip this part.
Affliction: shadow bolt for crit first, then haunt and corruption, then unstable affliction and curse of agony. From then on it's spamming shadow bolt and refreshing dots as needed. I cast corruption/agony whenever it's not on, I cast unstable affliction about a second before it's off so it gets redotted asap, and I cast haunt about 2.5 seconds before it's off, because it has some travelling time after cast time so that I really minimise the offhaunt time on the boss.
Destruction: curse of doom (or elements), immolate, chaos bolt, conflagrate, incinerate spam, chaos bolt or conflagrate whenever off cooldown.
You probably noticed priority list on curse of elements. The way I see it, then destro, and if nobody else is there, affliction. But of course, it's also dependent on the setup.
Priority list as targets are always to the benefit of the raid unless my spec doesn't offer good management. So first comes movement, I always make sure I stand in a safe spot. Secondly, I always dps the adds / offtargets / whatever is needed to be killed, unless the current build wouldn't allow me. Meaning, if I'm afflcition in a raid with a lot of ranged, I would mostly stay on boss on Saurfang. But usually I change to destruction on bosses like that because of shadowfury. The point is, I always study the fight so that I'm aware of what's needed for the best performance.

Raid-Experience Wrath of the Lich King:

I killed 11/12 10man in ICC and only 9/12 normal on 25man. I was in a guild where the important part was 10mans. Naxx10/25:cleared, Os10/25:cleared and Toc10/25:cleared

Raid-Experience The Burning Crusade:

I started playing in WotLK. so I start to play there. I raided as almost casual in Naxxramas and started raiding in Ulduar.

Character History:

I'll probably start playing warlock because I think they look cool with their pet o magic attacks. And it was pretty easy to lvl with a pet and so. I like my charger and i think i can play him good and i and i know how warlock work :P

Ownership:

Its only my acc

Why do you want to join Docet Umbra

I want to finally join a guild that knows how to raid, I want to have people I can rely on around me. I can see from your progress you guys are one of the best guilds on the server, and that's exactly what I think suits me best right now. I don't want no excuses for fails and such, I want good raiding and that's what you can offer for sure.
Another big reason is that your raid times are just perfect. One more day off and more raiding on sunday is just what I'm looking for.

Hardware: CPU:

NVIDA GeForce 9300 GE..... Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

Teamspeak: Are you willing to listen to orders being given on Teamspeak? Do you have a microphone in order to actively use Teamspeak yourself?

yes

What addons do you use for raiding?

DBM, omen, mikscrollingbattletext, elkano's buffbars and grid.

Previous Guild(s):

TDO was my last guild I do not really know why I leave, but I think I wanted to get in a new guild with more Progres and see what I can go on for.

Availability:

* Monday-Friday (from 19.00 cet)
* Sunday (from 14:00 CET)
I can raid at all of those times.

Real life:

Im studying to be a electrician, so I'm doing a lot with school work. But otherwise, I usually play football and play data. And I working littel to get money to get my own place to live in.

Pick Me: I'm nice and happy to help. And I think I can help the guild and im always online for the raids.

Last edited by Zefftiona on May 14th, '10, 17:51, edited 27 times in total.

Post subject: Re: warlock destr/afflic
PostPosted: May 13th, '10, 16:42 
Officer

Highscores: 1
Hi there

I think it's going to be a rejection from us. But I'll have a talk with Roselyn first before we confirm our decision.

I have to say that I really don't see much effort going into your application here and that stands out as a strong negative for me.

Regards
Inter.

Inter's Top 35 Performances on Later ... with Jools Holland
Inter's Top 37 Music Videos You Can Find on YouTube

PostPosted: May 14th, '10, 17:24 
Booty Bay Bruiser

I've made some changes to my Apply so hope you like it :P

PostPosted: May 15th, '10, 11:52 
Officer

Zefftiona wrote:
Name: Filip Hansson , im 17 and soon 18
Character Name: Zefftiona

Total /played time: 35 days. 10 hours. 25 minutes
Armory URL: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Zefftiona

Spec:

Well since I really play all 2 specs I'm gonna go over the rotation for each. But feel free to skip this part.
Affliction: shadow bolt for crit first, then haunt and corruption, then unstable affliction and curse of agony. From then on it's spamming shadow bolt and refreshing dots as needed. I cast corruption/agony whenever it's not on, I cast unstable affliction about a second before it's off so it gets redotted asap, and I cast haunt about 2.5 seconds before it's off, because it has some travelling time after cast time so that I really minimise the offhaunt time on the boss.
Destruction: curse of doom (or elements), immolate, chaos bolt, conflagrate, incinerate spam, chaos bolt or conflagrate whenever off cooldown.
You probably noticed priority list on curse of elements. The way I see it, then destro, and if nobody else is there, affliction. But of course, it's also dependent on the setup.
Priority list as targets are always to the benefit of the raid unless my spec doesn't offer good management. So first comes movement, I always make sure I stand in a safe spot. Secondly, I always dps the adds / offtargets / whatever is needed to be killed, unless the current build wouldn't allow me. Meaning, if I'm afflcition in a raid with a lot of ranged, I would mostly stay on boss on Saurfang. But usually I change to destruction on bosses like that because of shadowfury. The point is, I always study the fight so that I'm aware of what's needed for the best performance.

Raid-Experience Wrath of the Lich King:

I killed 11/12 10man in ICC and only 9/12 normal on 25man. I was in a guild where the important part was 10mans. Naxx10/25:cleared, Os10/25:cleared and Toc10/25:cleared

Raid-Experience The Burning Crusade:

I started playing in WotLK. so I start to play there. I raided as almost casual in Naxxramas and started raiding in Ulduar.

Character History:

I'll probably start playing warlock because I think they look cool with their pet o magic attacks. And it was pretty easy to lvl with a pet and so. I like my charger and i think i can play him good and i and i know how warlock work :P

Ownership:

Its only my acc

Why do you want to join Docet Umbra

I want to finally join a guild that knows how to raid, I want to have people I can rely on around me. I can see from your progress you guys are one of the best guilds on the server, and that's exactly what I think suits me best right now. I don't want no excuses for fails and such, I want good raiding and that's what you can offer for sure.
Another big reason is that your raid times are just perfect. One more day off and more raiding on sunday is just what I'm looking for.

Hardware: CPU:

NVIDA GeForce 9300 GE..... Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

Teamspeak: Are you willing to listen to orders being given on Teamspeak? Do you have a microphone in order to actively use Teamspeak yourself?

yes

What addons do you use for raiding?

DBM, omen, mikscrollingbattletext, elkano's buffbars and grid.

Previous Guild(s):

TDO was my last guild I do not really know why I leave, but I think I wanted to get in a new guild with more Progres and see what I can go on for.

Availability:

* Monday-Friday (from 19.00 cet)
* Sunday (from 14:00 CET)
I can raid at all of those times.

Real life:

Im studying to be a electrician, so I'm doing a lot with school work. But otherwise, I usually play football and play data. And I working littel to get money to get my own place to live in.

Pick Me: I'm nice and happy to help. And I think I can help the guild and im always online for the raids.

PostPosted: May 15th, '10, 11:53 
Officer

The one upside of your application is the opportunity to learn a real life lesson. When I was at university essays which contained unattributed content were simply returned unmarked with a single word "Plagiarism".

You application was substantially copied from another source.

Application denied. Please do not apply again.

Inter

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]