Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/htdocs/w00a32a7/Forumz/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Docet Umbra • View topic - REAL ID CHAT
It is currently Apr 24th, '17, 13:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: REAL ID CHAT
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 15:15 
Assistant Innkeeper

a very simple question: did u use it yet? does it work? cos i tried to invite a few ppl cross-realm and they tried to invite me. Nor me neither them received anything at all. :-\

Post subject: Re: REAL ID CHAT
PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 15:41 
Officer

You have to make sure you use the e-mail that the account is registered to.

PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 16:01 
Assistant Innkeeper

Im sure both me and them did it.

PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 18:01 
Booty Bay Bruiser

Well - invited our former guildmaster to RealID on horde side - it worked.
Got to chat with his better half for a bit.... so no problems there.
I send out an invite to a friend on Earthen Ring, but he is not a regular
player at the moment, so it might take a bit of time...

PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 18:34 
Assistant Innkeeper

thx! keep me up to date conn plz. im interested in crossrealm chat atm. ;)

PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 18:41 
Collector of Arthas' Tears

just checking :) did you check your pending tab alh? i missed an inventation to me also.

PostPosted: Jul 2nd, '10, 18:49 
Assistant Innkeeper

its completely blank :|

PostPosted: Jul 3rd, '10, 08:45 
Assistant Innkeeper

I had to create a lvl 1 alha gnome warrior (!) on stormrage in order to invite em and get invited by them. Once i switched to the real alha i kept their friendship. It works but im sure thats not the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Jul 3rd, '10, 09:46 
Site Admin

Highscores: 3
Invites seem to be somewhat unreliable -- I also had to try multiple times for a specific contact. But they do work, as does the cross everything chatting once you have the Real ID relationship.

Just in case not everybody knew this: Friends of your friends can see you with your full real name via the friends of friends functionality. There's nothing you can do about this (for now). So choose carefully who you're doing the Real ID stuff with.

PostPosted: Jul 3rd, '10, 09:49 
Booty Bay Bruiser

Invited a good friend on Turalyon - he then went to his alt on another realm (Burning Blade
I believe) and we went on chatting like nothing ever happened.... so it worked and I think
this can be a fun feature. Though you cannot really hide in anonymity anymore if you are
on someone's realID list ;-)